My photo
Niagara Region, Canada
Team905 Cycling Team is dedicated to providing cyclist an opportunity to be involved in a competitive, but also community focused cycling team. Our objective is to remain active while contributing to an eco-friendly life style and providing unique visibility to local businesses that support our team. We will be respectful to our fellow cyclist and citizens in an effort to grow awareness about cycling benefits, physically, mentally, and environmentally.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

44th Springbank Race Report: Max Csikos 5th in Elite 1-2

This past Sunday, Max Csikos represented Team905 p/b Steelmark Business Services at the 44th Annual Springbank Road Races in London, Ontario. All racers were welcomed with beautiful spring weather, which made for fast and exciting racing throughout the day. Max raced in the feature race of the day, Elite 1-2 with Master 1. This is the fast of the fast in Ontario and the result is aggressive and high paced racing. This was Max’s first race of the season, so the goal was to stay at the front, avoid and crashes, and set himself up for the final sprint. Here is Max’s race report

"My goal for the day was to finish the race and stay out of trouble. Throughout the opening laps I stayed right near the back taking it easy and building up my confidence. Moving into the second half of the race I started moving up and back testing my legs and as we moved into the last 10 laps I focused on mentally getting ready for the finish seeing who still looked strong. With 5 laps to go I knew I needed to start getting up near the front to position myself well for the final lap. As we rolled into the last lap I moved up about to the top 20 and moved my focus to positioning myself into the top 10. As the field moved into the last half of the final lap there was a crash to my left and I avoided getting caught up in that. Patience is key during the final 500m of a race that is gearing up for a field sprint, so I saved my sprint till the last 100m or so and it paid off with a 5th place finish!"

Congratulations to Max for a very strong result at a tough race in London.

A big thank you to our sponsors!

Title: Steelmark Business Services
Supporting: OSSA Canada, Your ManCave, Wellbrook Plumbing, A Bitt of Paint, Mortgage Intelligence Niagara, Vision Clinic, Lucky 73 Photos, Zoom Leisure

No comments:

Post a Comment