My photo
Niagara Region, Canada
Team905 Cycling Team is dedicated to providing cyclist an opportunity to be involved in a competitive, but also community focused cycling team. Our objective is to remain active while contributing to an eco-friendly life style and providing unique visibility to local businesses that support our team. We will be respectful to our fellow cyclist and citizens in an effort to grow awareness about cycling benefits, physically, mentally, and environmentally.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Race Report MTB O-Cup #1 Mansfield

Team905 p/b Steelmark Business Services Jon Toews battle with top Master Expert (30-39) at the Ontario Cup MTB Series opener this past weekend. Here is Jon's race report.

Leading up to the 1st O-Cup of 2012 I was nervous, not because of my fitness but because the 1st race is a dictator for the season and how my competition is racing. I felt confident at the start line with some of the best expert riders in Ontario. I new my technical skills were there and I knew what I had to do. The race started and I felt very comfortable throughout the 1st lap. Our group quickly caught some of the younger expert riders and that's when I got bogged down and went from 3rd to 8th. I held that position for 3 Laps and battled for 8th and on the final climb was passed and finished 9th.

I am very happy with my results based on the fact that a year ago I was looking at hanging the bike up because if an injury, but I started training properly and this was the result.

Jon at the Start Line!
Thank you to our sponsors;
Title - Steelmark Business Services
Supporting - OSSA Canada, Your ManCave, Mortgage Intelligence Niagara, A Bitt of Paint, Wellbrook   Plumbing, Lucky 73 Photos, Vision Clinic, Zoom Liesure

No comments:

Post a Comment